Secondhand info I heard today: these flags are to remind Turkish Cypriots that they are under Turkish occupation and rule. Not to taunt Greek Cypriots to the south.
So…Greek Cypriots are occupied by Turkish Cypriots, who are in turn occupied by Turks? And what about those anarchist kids who are occupying the Lidra Street Buffer Zone?
About ktrenerryI am a recent graduate of Carleton College where I double majored in History and Cinema and Media studies. My websites chronicle several of my adventures during my time at Carleton, including the New Media Seminar in New York and Europe, my bike trip down the Iron Curtain Trail on a Ted Mullin Fellowship, and my integrative exercise in Cinema and Media studies which explores Rephotography in theory and practice along the Iron Curtain. I recently completed an extended adventure documenting borders in Israel/Palestine, Cyprus, and Northern Ireland, pursuing my passion for travel and a career in photojournalism. I am newly settled in Boston, MA.
- @PeregrineMag Thanks for following, looking forward to being in touch! 1 day ago
- Georgian president compares barbed wire in South Ossetia with Berlin Wall | Vestnik Kavkaza vestnikkavkaza.net/news/politics/… #borders 1 day ago
- Belfast’s walls are physical reminders of an imperfect peace theconversation.com/belfasts-walls… via @ConversationUK 3 days ago
- Time for my biennial ritual: working on an updated portfolio. Good news: gets better every time. Bad news: still really hard. #photography 1 week ago
- Disappointing: Anastasiades, Eroglu: No restart to peace talks yet shar.es/D5Rhi #Cyprus #borders 1 week ago